Dr Marco De Boni Piano and Flute Lessons Tel: (0121) 7075808 Mob:07717654449
Copyright © 2017 Dr Marco De Boni, All Rights Reserved
Marco De Boni playing a duet by Carl Stamitz
Marco De Boni plays “Syrinx” by Claude Debussy
The flute is the most expressive and agile of orchestral instruments, with a beautiful tone and a wide and varied repertoire which spans from baroque and classical to contemporary music.
Flute lessons are tailored to the needs of each student: I base my teaching methods on the latest evidence-based research in instrumental teaching, coaching and performance practice, and take different approaches depending on the age, level, circumstances and goals of each student.
The curriculum I follow is the one set out and proven to be successful in the Italian and French conservatoire, but I adapt this to suit the needs, aims and interests of each individual; Flute lessons generally consist of:
- learning correct, healthy and relaxed embouchure (lip position), breathing and body posture
- studies to improve aspects of playing such as tone, dexterity, expression (for example Moyse, Koehler, Andersen)
- Baroque, Classic, Romantic and Modern repertoire (for example Vivaldi, Bach, Mozart, Briccialdi, Debussy, Hindermith, Varese)
- other repertoire, such as experimental music (for example Berio)
- learning musical terms, theory and history of music and issues in performance practice to correctly interpret the repertoire
- listening exercises necessary for a good performance of the repertoire
- if you want to perform in public, preparation for festivals and concerts, playing in duets, chamber ensembles and orchestras
- if you want to do exams, preparation for the Associated Board exams (grades 1-8 and advanced Diploma exams)
Some videos to inspire you...